Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sorry.

If you've gone back and read some of my older material on Intelligent Design, or my attacks on "Darwinian Evolution", I'd like to take this opporutnity to apologize. Sincerely.

I don't really know what I was thinking when I wrote that. Looking back, I have recognized a lot of the paragraphs in those posts about spirituality to be coherent and well-informed. But whenever I brought up Intelligent Design, I snapped back to an unreasonably defensive and aggressive state of mind. My statements and emotions were without any real introspection, and mostly unjustifiable. Nearly all of them were drawn from a one-sided Catholic High School religion course. I've sinced learned how stupid this behavior was.

So I'd like to say right now that there is *plenty* of evidence for evolution of all kinds. Those religious jerks were just trying to perform damage control. They don't care that evolution's based upon totally empirical principles, and that models and observations of this process have constantly backed up the theory. All they care about is keeping their thin-air dogma from evaporating into the nothingness it has always been.

It sucks to find out that you were once a pawn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home